Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Obama takes over the helm

Bush only has a few more hours to pull off a coup if he's going to do it. Maybe right now
tanks are stuck in traffic all over washington as angry fists are shaken out of windows,
"get out of my way you piece of crap rebuilt tank, I'm late for work!" Somehow, I doubt it.
Bush may be seen as an idiot around the world, but he looks to me like the most relieved
person in the country, and the people that think he would use force to stay in power
have to be the stupidest, blindest on the planet. I don't think he'd submit to a reverse coup where
someone would hold a gun to his head to make him stay president.

I'd like to think that long term history will be kind to Bush, but the people that write history
are 10:1 the same people that use the NYtimes as their number one resource. The things that
go well in Iraq will be now attributed to obama as he waves his magic life-giving hands over the globe
and the angry waters retreat, all the bad things that have happened over the past 8 years and the next
8 years will be packaged up as "due to bush". Levees in New Orleans mismanaged over 40 years,
bush did it. Congress requiring banks to lend to poor people, then banks repackaging those loans
into bonds over the past 20 years, bush did it. The usa shipping off it's manufacturing base since the
70's and importing too much plastic crep from china, you guessed it. bush did it.

Bush could have done a better job, less delegation and more followup could have limited the bad
results in Iraq and Katrina. If his administration had made an effort to sell what they were trying to do, instead of depending on the kindness of strangers to report the truth, the results would have been better. On the other hand, 75% of the hatred for bush was formed in the last 2 months of 2000, and he could have personnaly shot bin laden and
used his body to plug a hole in the levee in New Orleans, and he would still be disliked.

Now it's the new guy's turn in the barrel. I wish him all the luck in the world and I hope he is as good as
some people say he is. Before the election I might have said that I thought he was a commie bastard,
but now he's my commie bastard president and I don't want any foreigner to say anything bad about him.

No comments: